Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Is it possible to use GIMP,Paint.NET and Inkscape for professional level?

I'm a designer(Industrial/Product) student and i've been using them for a year or so and i was wondering is it good enough professional purposes such as visual presentation,visual panel,gallery etc...Thanks in advanceIs it possible to use GIMP,Paint.NET and Inkscape for professional level?
If you do good work, it doesn't matter what software you are using. Talent speaks louder than the medium.





And you can probably get away with using those softwares if you are working freelance. But note that Adobe products are industry standard. If you are hired to work with other designers, or hired to work for a design firm, you may run into problems.Is it possible to use GIMP,Paint.NET and Inkscape for professional level?
GIMP, no. Paint, I don't know, and I've never heard of Inkscape.
If it looks professional, then go right ahead ! Personally, I think that Gimp has good enough graphics, but just be very careful about which ones you use. I've never used neither of the other two. But if their like Gimp then go ahead.
I believe that it's not the medium you use that is so important it's what you do with it! From what I've seen of GIMP, it seems a really good program. And if you master it or know alot about it... Why not?!


If you're curious check that out a painting made with Paint, you'll be impressed. (I was)


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HESTAC_Pu鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment