Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I am using paint.net. How do I do a black and white photo, but enhance the color of my eyes?

I do not want to to cut my eyes out and then just fill it in with a color. I want my eyes to still look real. I also want to be able to use this for other regular photos, but just enhance the color of certain things.I am using paint.net. How do I do a black and white photo, but enhance the color of my eyes?
It is called Selective (or partial) desaturation.





1. Duplicate your background layer.


2. Desaturate that layer (i.e. make it b%26amp;w).


3. Apply a layer mask to the layer. Use the black brush to paint on the layer mask (make sure that is where you are, not on the image itself). That will bring the color back to those areas. If you make a mistake, change the brush to white and go over it. Using a masking technique is best because you can keep adjusting it and fixing mistakes, which can't be done easily with the eraser.


4. When you're happy, flatten and save.





If you don't have any image editors, you can do it for free on www.picnik.com in their effects section.





Here is how to do it on picnik.com:





Upload a photo


Click on the ';Create'; tab


Click on ';Black and white';


In the ';Effect Painting'; box, choose ';Original';


Choose a brush size, then simply paint the color back in where you want it.


If you make a mistake, change it to ';Effect'; and go over the mistake.


Save the picture.








P.S. this question gets asked several times a day.


A quick search on Yahoo Answers would have brought up countless responses.

No comments:

Post a Comment