Sunday, December 27, 2009

I down loaded paint.net but i having difficulty using it. Especially when I'm trying to leave certain color bw?

I need to how to leave certain colors on my black and white photos.I down loaded paint.net but i having difficulty using it. Especially when I'm trying to leave certain color bw?
It is called Selective (or partial) desaturation.





1. Duplicate your background layer.


2. Desaturate that layer (i.e. make it b%26amp;w).


3. Apply a layer mask to the layer. Use the black brush to paint on the layer mask (make sure that is where you are, not on the image itself). That will bring the color back to those areas. If you make a mistake, change the brush to white and go over it.


4. When you're happy, flatten and save.





If you don't have any image editors, you can do it for free on www.picnik.com in their effects section.





Here is how to do it on picnik.com:





Upload a photo


Click on the ';Create'; tab


Click on ';Black and white';


In the ';Effect Painting'; box, choose ';Original';


Choose a brush size, then simply paint the color back in where you want it.


If you make a mistake, change it to ';Effect'; and go over the mistake.


Save the picture.I down loaded paint.net but i having difficulty using it. Especially when I'm trying to leave certain color bw?
This is how I do it with paint.net... and I'm sure there's an easier way but I'm way too lazy to find out. It takes time depending what you want to remain colored. But I use the ';wand'; tool and select everything that I want to be black and white. Then, you apply the black and white to it. And it's done. If you don't have a steady hand like I do, then I'd say to not try it that way. It works best when using a mouse... and not a touchpad on a laptop.
when you have your picture opened on paint.net use the Rectangle Select or Lasso Select and once you have the part of the picture selected that you want to turn Black and White, click Adjustments then click Black and White

No comments:

Post a Comment